To honour Arnold Draper’s contribution over the years to the development of young classical musicians in the Okanagan, Chamber Music Kelowna has established the Arnold Draper Fund. The ADF’s goal is to support gifted musicians in their pursuit of excellence in performance, and to provide both financial support and performance opportunities.
Applications are now open for the inaugural 2023 season. The deadline for submitting your application is October 31, 2023. You can submit your application using the form below.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be residents of the greater Okanagan Valley for at least two years (if living outside of the Okanagan for studies, applicants must provide the permanent address of a family member living in the greater Okanagan Valley)
- Be 14-25 years of age in the year the application is made
- Be committed to the serious pursuit of classical music studies
- Be studying piano, strings, woodwinds or voice. Chamber music groups are also welcome to apply
Students who are selected for this inaugural award in 2023 will receive a prize of $750 and be invited to perform in a gala concert on December 30, providing there is a sufficient number of deserving winners.
Applicants must provide an unedited, video recording of 3 contrasting works. Videos can be uploaded to a private YouTube channel.
Applicants must also provide:
- Two letters of recommendation,
- A repertoire list and an essay on their musical goals.
- Past achievements if any should also be included in the application.
Please email your application form to email@example.com or fill out the form below.